December 24, 2005

An Adult Christmas

I've been staying up late, meeting friends on school nights, ice skating, attending mid-week parties...all but skipped shopping this year. I wonder what other Purple WomenTM are doing for Christmas? Travelling to exotic destinations? Something a little more x-rated?

We just moved to Toronto, Ontario, Canada -- a company transfer -- all the way from San Francisco, California, U.S.A. I have not wrapped a single gift and today my husband and I are heading to the local mall, by subway of course, to buy our gifts for each other. We may take in a matinee as the few gifts that we did send this year were ordered online through our Shutterfly account!

I will miss seeing my nieces and nephews. Gosh, they will seem so much older when I next see them. I love being an Auntie. I shall write more about these pleasures in the new year. I resolve to write longer articles and attempt to publish them here and in other mainstream media. I've already written the first one about "The Question" that the childfree fear most: "Do you have kids?"

Photo: Two guys promoting Swatch Watches at the Yorkdale Mall in Toronto.

No comments: