November 15, 2005

What's a Purple Woman?

I get this question a lot when I mention this project. I am determined to add to the small but growing collection of books and other published material (electronic or otherwise) on the subject of childfree by choice adults.

To answer the question, I believe that a Purple Woman (PW) is a woman who on some level recognizes and accepts her decision to lead a childfree lifestyle. The loaded words are "accept" and "decision" and it is true that not all women without children identify with this. I propose that even women who are childfree by circumstance, whatever they may be, can still on some level acknowledge her acceptance of her role or path in life.

What say you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris - Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it. You are the first PW to comment on the my new blog.

Spider Girl said...

Heh, I'm definitely a Purple Woman. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! What a great find. I'm definitely a Purple Woman and am thrilled to find this blog. Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Chase, welcome to the world of Purple! Glad that you found us and that we have created something that interests you.

Please tell all your child-free friends and take the PW survey; 165 other women have done so and the goal is 200 valid surveys. Then I will get busy writing that book...!