June 20, 2007

World Childfree Day?

Last year, I discovered this holiday. This year, I plum forgot about it. I knew it was coming, but somehow Hallmark didn't have the merchandising out there to tickle my memory. To make matters worse, when I Googled the term, I couldn't find the group that originated it. Their site seems to have disappeared. I think it was Australian, but I could be wrong.

I did find the event held by the Houston, Texas No Kidding chapter. They may be the only ones keeping this fledgling tradition alive!

Can anyone out there shed some light? What has happened to World Childfree Day? Has a pro-natal Internet terrorist
virtually destroyed it? It was supposed to be the first Sunday in June.

Did any Purple WomenTM out there celebrate it? I joined two other lady friends for a weekend of golf and golf lessons. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate our holiday. Mark your calendar for next year!

Technorati Tag:

2 comments:

Childfree Chick said...

I celebrated it and told all my friends it was "a holiday".

;-)

Anonymous said...

Woo, hoo!!!