June 01, 2006

Purple Women: Mission Statement

This month marks the first anninversary of Purple WomenTM. The first blog post was on June 30, 2005.

Our focus has crystallized over time. It's been quite a learning curve, with some successes and mistakes along the way. There is so much to learn about blogging, and it evolves daily. It's getting better all the time, as is our blog -- and it's great to be a part of this team!

In the process of learning how to recruit and motivate new contributors, Ground Rules were established (these apply to visitors and contributors alike and can be found at the top of the sidebar), and a Guidelines of Participation document was created for use as a recruiting tool. I'd like to share the Purple WomenTM mission statement:

Our mission is to. . .

  • create a community of online friends (that means keep it friendly!)
  • manifest a socially significant dialogue about being childfree, and. . .
  • unite Purple WomenTM in an effort to
  • clarify who and what we are in society, our institutions and families, and
  • influence others beyond the blogosphere.
Technorati Tags:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Teri, on building such an amazing community online! I'm don't post much myself but I definitely enjoy reading the Purple Women blog. I find it one of the more upbeat childfree spots on the web. I look forward to many more years of amazing Purple Women!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary. :) I'm glad I found you when I did!

Stasha said...

Happy anniversary indeed!! This blog has become a favorite place of mine to drop by, and I surely hope it will remain so in years to come!

kT said...

Happy Anniversary, and thanks.

kT said...

Happy Anniversary, and thanks.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could meet all of you at the June 15-18 Child-free Festival this weekend. The Toronto chapter of No Kidding (the international social club for child-free marrieds and singles)is hosting it this year.

I've been serving on the steering committee. We are expecting about 50 individuals to attend from 15 different cities and 3 countries.

Child-free yippee!

Britgirl said...

It's great to be an active part of this positive community! Teri and fellow contributors - here's to many more years of success.